Simpsons quote in the title…random post follows. You know that by now, probably…
- “Outdoor Summer Concerts” did pretty well as a download. The follow-up video was also pretty well received. Thanks to everybody that listened to it. And also to those who saw this said, “Oh, shit, I meant to listen to that…” and are listening to it now. It’s a kind of special one for me, and I’m glad it was flatteringly well-received by at least most people.
- So gay people can get married in America now! Congratulations to all of my friends that this directly impacts. And if it doesn’t impact you, but you’re voicing a negative opinion about it anyway, I’ll see you at church on Sunday, I guess…
- I hurt my back again on Thursday. Although it’s Saturday now and it feels okay. So I guess it’s at least becoming a streamlined process.
- Had a gig with the Michael Feldman Group last night. It was fun. A lot of friends and family came out and we had a decent flow of people in and out all night. A couple consummated something or other in the men’s room while we were playing, too. Good for them. Glad they’re happy and gross.
- Had another gig with Feldman today. It was a little more low-key. It was a birthday party with about 15 people, most of whom weren’t really listening. And it rained on us pretty hard at one point. We had a little bit of cover under an awning, but we still had to stop for a while. I was kind of ready to go at that point. (As you might have guessed by the aforementioned single, I don’t like outside gigs.) But the rain backed off and Mike convinced me to keep going. Went okay…but that might’ve been the worst I’ve ever played “Tore Down” in my life to end the set…
- Watching High Fidelity (again) right now. I’m at the part where Dick tells Anna that he thinks Green Day was influenced by The Clash and the Stiff Little Fingers. Remember when Green Day was sort of a punk band? What the hell happened there? (…and the Rob plays The Beta Band–a grossly overlooked act.)
- Haven’t been sleeping well lately. Like last night…post-gig, I’m usually up for a while until the adrenaline wears off…so I wasn’t surprised to be still awake at 4. But what DID surprise me was that I woke up at 8 and I’ve been up ever since. That has been happening pretty regularly. A few hours of sleep, followed by wide-awake and yet still exhausted… Can’t wait for that to go away.
- I’m going to go get a donut as soon as the movie is over.
Current Listening (weird list):
- Boston’s Greatest Hits
- Against Me! – New Wave
- Radiohead – In Rainbows