I’ve been wanting to get something new on the blog for a while. I’ve got a list of more personal stuff I want to write, but I keep not having the energy…so I copied a blog-survey from “Fuck Yeah Surveys” and answered the questions. Enjoy!
- When you wash your hands, do you use the cold or hot tap (faucet)?
Usually a mix of both, but if I’m in a hurry, just the cold.
- If you had to be straight/gay for a day (whichever you’re currently not!), what celebrity would you most like to take on a date?
David Bowie. But I don’t think that’s gay. It’s just smart.
- What is the biggest injury you’ve ever sustained and how did you do it?
I really don’t know… I’ve got recurring back problems from a mosh pit injury when I was a teenager and a recurring knee problem from a car accident in college…so probably one of those. (My back hurts right now for absolutely no reason…so at present, that’s in the lead.)
- What is the most unusual food you’ve ever eaten?
I’ve eaten a lot of weird stuff. Maybe chicken hearts?
- What is the most unique animal you’ve ever touched?
I can’t remember ever touching a weird one on purpose…but one time I was at a presentation where they flew endangered birds over the heads of the audience, and a bald eagle biffed me in the back of the head with its wing.
- What’s the most expensive gift you’ve ever bought for someone? How much did it cost and who was it for?
Genuinely not a clue. I buy people stuff I think they’ll like…the price doesn’t stick with me.
- Which 3 countries would you LEAST like to live in and why?
Really just “anyplace hot.” I like a cooler climate. And I guess I’m too damn lazy to learn another language…so rather than narrow it down, let’s just let me live someplace with a cool climate that speaks at least enough English for me to get by.
- If you could make just ONE change to this world, what would it be and why?
There’d be a lot more sandwiches. Because they’re great.
- If you could wake up tomorrow and be fluent in 3 additional languages, which would you choose?
Old Irish, Spanish, and Esperanto.
- Which would you rather out of these 3 options? A: Be good looking and extremely intelligent but so poor you live on the streets. B: Be extremely intelligent and a millionaire but what society classes as ugly. Or C: Be good looking and a millionaire but extremely academically challenged? Why?
What? Shut up. B? Because screw it, I like reading?
- What are the top 10 movies to make you cry? (Or at least make you sad!)
I mostly watch comedies and I’m not going to get to ten… But the scene where Affleck talks with Carlin at the end of Jersey Girl came immediately to mind. And that’s probably embarrassing enough to make up for not being able to think of any more.
- What’s the scariest nightmare you’ve ever had? Describe it in detail.
I’ve described it on the blog before, so I won’t go too deep into detail. And I’m not sure if it’s “scary” as much as unsettling. But I have a recurring dream that I’ve had for 20 years in which my mother is alive and living a completely normal life and nothing’s wrong, and I’m the only one who knows that she’s supposed to be dead. In the dream, I am always the same age as I am in real life. I never retain any memory of how it ends, but I don’t get back to sleep after waking up from it.
- Would you rather raise 25 children or have the chance of ever having children taken away? Why?
I’m 34 and don’t have kids. Do the math on that one for yourself.
- Would you rather go on a relaxing beach type holiday to the Caribbean, a cultural holiday to Japan or an adventure packed holiday to South Africa?
That all sounds like something I’d hate. the Caribbean seems least objectionable.
- If you went to a desert island for just 6 months but could only take one album with you, what would you take?
I could probably make anything work for six months…but I’m still going to go with The Who’s “Quadrophenia.”
- Put these in order of your favourite movie genre to least: Horror, action, thriller, adventure, superhero, romance, drama, comedy, musical and dance?
That seems exhausting… I’m most likely to watch a comedy. I love a good musical, and I’m least likely to watch a dance flick I guess…although I’m having trouble distinguishing that from a musical…so whatever… I’m not going to work hard enough to actually do this one.
- If you had to lose one of the 5 senses, which would you choose and why?
First of all, you have way more than five senses. Personally I’d lose my sense of paranoia… But to humor the author of the question, I’d drop smell because I can think of several situations that would make easier…but you’d probably also lose your sense of taste with it…
- What have been the top 3 most brilliant days of this year? Describe them in as much or as little detail as you like.
Tough one…I’m a pessimist… I loved the Jason Isbell show back on Valentine’s Day. The Elvis Costello show was also great. And let’s just assume the year’s young enough that the third one is still coming. (Looking at you, Who concert on May 7th!)
- What do you believe we as human beings take most for granted in this world?
- How many concerts have you been to in your life and which was your favourite?
Hundreds. Hard to pinpoint a favorite… The most significant was definitely the first time I saw The Who in 1989…but there’s a Drive-By Truckers show that sticks out, too… No…let’s go with The Who.
There you go.
- Pokey Lafarge – Something in the Water
- Grandpaboy – Dead Man Shake