A friend of mine mentioned my blog to me today, thereby reminding me that I had one. Don’t have any one thing I want to (or am at liberty to) write about, so I went to some website and copied a survey I’m now going to paste in and answer here. Enjoy! Or don’t! It doesn’t really matter what you do anymore!
- What does the last text you sent say? And to whom?
Won’t say to whom, but it says, “Sounds like shit to me, but he can do what he likes.”
- What does the last text you recieved say? And from whom?
From my dad: “Sounds great!” (No that wasn’t related to the other text, but you really want it to be, don’t you?)
- What time do you wake up most mornings?
7-something. Drifts between 7 at my first alarm and 8, which is my emergency “GET UP, ASSHOLE! YOU’RE ALREADY LATE!” alarm.
- Are you afraid of walking alone at night?
Depends where I am.
- What do you do to relax at the end of a stressful day?
Relaxing is rarely on the schedule after a stressful day. I usually play nonsense on a guitar, but I wouldn’t call it relaxing.
- Where did your last kiss take place and with whom?
I’m not going to answer this one. I’m pretty sure she regrets and/or resents it, so why should I bring it up?
- Do/did you get into trouble a lot at school?
Not really. When I did, it was harmless stuff.
- Do you enjoy your job? If unemployed, are you content being so?
They keep signing paychecks and it keeps the lights on. I enjoy my lights.
- Do you often pick up on double entendres and innuendos?
If I don’t, I create a new one.
- Have you ever been offered drugs but declined?
Yeah…drugs aren’t my thing and contrary to popular belief, just saying, “Thanks, but I’m not into that.” works pretty well.
- Have you ever met someone who has completely altered your way of thinking?
Every time I bowl.
- Have you ever been offered drugs and accepted?
I’ve got regrets. But I can count them on one hand and nobody got hurt.
- Tell us something weird that turns you on.
I’m not sure if this is weird…but I’d really like to marry a musician. Piano player, if you’ve got one in stock. I’m very attracted to the idea of being able to write music together.
- When did someone last admit romantic or sexual feelings for you? Was the feeling mutual?
After she got engaged a friend told me I’d missed an opportunity with her. I was flabbergasted. I’d have been thrilled.
- What is something you have given a lot of thought to lately?
How to make positive changes in my life. So far, I’ve got nothing.
- When did you last swallow your beliefs to avoid an argument or confrontation?
This is a difficult question. If it’s a serious belief, it’s been a while. But if you’re talking about the “Obama should’ve put down his latte!” crowd, I rarely bother anymore…I’m not sure if it’s to avoid the argument though…more that I don’t see the point in screaming at a wall.
- Do you usually initiate hugs?
I’m involved in a lot of hugs. I probably initiate upward of 50% of them.
- Are you a very affectionate person?
I can be. I’m not sure I’d be described that way by others, but I like to think of myself that way.
- Can you roll your own cigarettes?
Yeah, but who does that?
- What are you looking forward to?
Receiving an awesome eBay win in the mail on Monday.
- Do you have any tattoos. Do you want any/more?
None presently. I’d get one, but I’ve never really thought much about what I’d want to spend the money on. Maybe if I got married, I’d get a matching tattoo with the wife. Or like my kid’s name(s) if I ever had one. If I had to get one today, I don’t know what it would be… It seems like if I’m going to spend that kind of money, it should be for something I’m really committed to…and that seems like it should be a person.
- Are you mentally strong?
I’m not sure what that means. Possibly. Do you mean “smart?” Because if so, I think the word you’re looking for is “are you SMART?”
- Are you physically strong?
Not particularly. I can pick shit up if I have to, but I’m not a lifter or anything.
- Do you think you’re a good person?
Big question. I try. But I yelled “semper-fuck-yourself!” at a Marine in traffic the other day. So it’s hard to be sure.
- Name one thing you wish you could change about your life right now.
I’d be happy/content.
- What do you usually eat for breakfast?
I don’t. In fact I often skip lunch too. My first meal is frequently around 6:30 pm.
- Lou Reed & The Velvet Underground. – I bid on a guitar pedal that was part of Lou Reed’s estate sale and I WON! It’s on its way here as we speak… Of COURSE this is what I’m listening to!
Blog’s been a little heavy lately. So I’m writing a random post focusing on stuff that isn’t heavy. Let’s get to it.
- This weekend, I went to the theatre twice with friends. On Friday and then Saturday nights (respectively), we saw Ghostbusters and then Blazing Saddles. I’d never seen either one big and loud before. Both were a lot of fun. Blazing Saddles was particularly fun for me because I’ve had a long love affair with that movie and was sitting next to a good friend who’s had an even longer love affair with it. And it was a midnight movie, which always adds a certain fun buzz to the experience. Although, I’ve got to say that seeing the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in that kind of width and clarity was a blast, too. 🙂
- We’ve been working on it for some time, and now it’s down to the closing couple of weeks of recording… So I guess I’ll let the cat out of the bag and let everybody know that my band The Social Gospel will have some sort of recording available very soon. We’re doing 10 songs. Bass and drums are wrapped. I just need to finish my guitar tracks (which will take me about a day) and then we do final vocals and we can wrap the thing. I know we’ll be doing a digital release, but we haven’t discussed physical products (or at least I don’t remember discussing it). We don’t even have a name for the project yet…so probably there’s a band meeting coming up soon… But all ducks in a row, I imagine it’ll see release before the end of the year. Here’s the tracklist of songs you don’t know yet (they probably won’t be in this order):
- Live Your Life
- One of Us
- After the Storm
- Poor Roger
- That Was Then
- What I’m Dying For
- Sister Myrtle
- Sleepin’ In
- I have done a ton of recording with Mike Feldman in the past couple of months. I did an acoustic demo that’s just him and his guitar, and also an electric one that’s his full band. I think I had them both done in one mix. You work with a guy long enough, you get a feel for what he wants on his record. There’s a book to be written some day about my musical decade (and a bit) with Mike… But who’d write it? I’m too lazy and I don’t think he wants to…
- I’ve also done some recording with my friend Tony. There’s going to be a Christmas record with me playing the bass on it coming out this year. I played on Joy to the World, Christmastime, and a Carol of the Bells/God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen hybrid. The Christmastime part was particularly challenging. I don’t play jazz a lot and I had to jazz my ass off on that one. (Playing jazz is almost like praying–you go in with complete confidence, yet only when you see the results do you really realize it worked.) It was a lot of fun, and I’m looking forward to the finished product. I don’t even LIKE Christmas music, but I still think this sounds pretty good!
- Let me tell you this… Minute Maid Cherry Limeade.
- There’s a new Doctor on Doctor Who. I like Peter Capaldi. I liked him before this and I’ll like him in and through and after this. The show’s just as strong as ever, and I think they’re taking it into a grumpier, darker, more mature place that I’m really going to enjoy. Peter walked in and just WAS the Doctor. Immediately. Glad to have him.
- Current Reading: “The Cuckoo’s Calling” by “Robert Galbraith” (aka J. K. Rowling). It’s good. She’s infinitely talented and the work she’s doing (as a man–ahem) just proves that she didn’t lose her magic when the Potter series ended. I do wish she’d just use her own name, but I get it…Stephen King does the same thing, after all. Although, I’m not sure how anyone didn’t know it was her, what with the extensive use of the time turner in chapter seven… (Joke.)
- I’ve just remembered I have a YouTube channel. I should do something with that.
- My office is taking us to a baseball game tomorrow. Is it weird that I’m stressed out by that? I’m not a fan of the sport, so I won’t know what’s happening, and all I can think about is the e-mails coming in without me reading them. Oh well… It’s a nice gesture, and that’s what I should focus on.
- I’ve watched as much of the “Every Simpsons Ever” marathon as possible…and I’ve got to wonder why that isn’t just its own CHANNEL now. They’ve obviously got the available material…and I know it’d constantly be on in MY house–and I CAN’T be alone in that. So, come on Fox…make it happen! All Simpsons, all the time!
…and I know there was more I intended to write, but I can’t recall what. Hey-ho…not like I can’t write more nonsense later. For now, at least no one died in this post, right?
- Lowercase Noises – Migratory Patterns
- In This Moment – Blood
- Queen – All of the Queen…