Well, if you don’t count right now as a new week, then I’m just barely under the wire for my third post of the week. In my head it’s Sunday night–though this will technically go up on Monday after midnight. So it’s technically a new week as writing begins, and DEFINITELY a new week as the post goes up… But… I’m counting it. My blog, my rules…
Let’s do this one random-style again…
- Saw West Side Story with my roommate yesterday. It was a good production. Plus, my high school drama teacher played Officer Krupke. That was kind of cool. It was a lovely night for a play and a great performance of a great show. Couldn’t have asked for too much more, all things considered. Also, we bumped into one of my cousins while we were walking to the seats, too. Always nice to have an unexpected family reunion. 🙂
- Work this week was a very different experience. I won’t go into details for what are probably obvious reasons, but I feel like I’m pointed in a different direction at the office now, and I’m optimistic. (Optimism is a new thing for me, and I’m not sure how to do it…but we’ll see how it goes…)
- The solo gig I had scheduled for September 13 has been changed to being a full-band show. The Social Gospel will make our debut that night. We’ll play second. About a 45 minute set. Should be fun. Further details forthcoming.
- Got a little bit of a concert-series coming up in the next month or two… I’m going to go see Coheed and Cambria with my friend Brandon at the end of the month. Then there’s the Iron Maiden gig at the start of September. Then at the end of the month, my brother and I will (at least probably) be going to see Black Rebel Motorcycle Club–and by the way, their new record is great. So if anyone needs me in August/September, look for where the rock and roll is happening.
- Sobriety Update: I don’t miss drinking most of the time…until I’m standing in a “quick-shop” style store looking for a Coke or a bottle of tea, and the Guinness is right there in the next set of refrigerators. Found myself standing there deeply sighing yesterday. Then got in the car and went and had fun doing something else…but still, for a second there was weakness, and I don’t like that. I’m looking forward to the day that I don’t even glance at the labels anymore.
- New Record Update: None! I had all these plans of what I wanted to accomplish on the new record this weekend, but the weekend flew by. I’m hoping to get some work done throughout the week, but finding recording time mid-week isn’t easy. Although, I think the roommate works late a few nights this week, so I’ll have a couple of late-afternoons to myself and maybe I’ll set up a few microphones and give it a shot.
- I’ve been behind in my comic book reading. As of tonight, I’m one issue away from being caught up on Batman–and the one I haven’t read is an “Annual” issue, so it doesn’t necessarily totally count. I’ve got a couple stacks of indies to get through after that (namely The Unwritten and Morning Glories) and then I’ll get caught up on The Flash–I hear he’s finally face-to-face with the Reverse Flash for the first time since Flashpoint. I’m looking forward to that.
And that’s it… I have a few other things I want to write about, but I’ve been sleeping like crap lately and I should really go to bed. So I’m doing that. Goodnight.