Well, as you’ve guessed from the Simpsons quote in the post title, it’s time for a random post. Sit back, loosen up the old pants, and enjoy the nonsense.
- After further exploration, I’m just not a Civil Wars fan. I tried. I tried VERY hard…but I’m just bored by the songs. The couple I like are okay, but would benefit from a full band (or at least just the addition of a piano player) and the stuff I didn’t like is the music I will put on from now on when I’m having trouble sleeping. Don’t get me wrong, they’re both very good singers. The guy’s guitar playing is fine (but not remarkable—and being an unremarkable guitarist, I should know). But they just lack the energy I was hoping for, and I think adding another member or two to the lineup—hell, even just a bass player—would make me a fan. But until then, I get why people like them. I just don’t.
- As a FYI, my music will be coming off of iTunes, Rhapsody, and Napster on May 15. It’s not worth what the host wants to charge. I will either get it back on iTunes through a cheaper host, or I will find some other way to sell digital music…but I’m done with TuneCore, and I don’t care who hears me say it.
- Been sleepy lately. But haven’t been sleeping. Correlation, I expect.
- Been a little behind at work lately. We all had our jobs re-defined a little bit. (That somehow sounds bad, but it really wasn’t. I just can’t think of another word for it.) A bunch of new stuff landed on my desk that I’m still learning how to do. I’m too slow right now. Speed comes with time, and unfortunately that means I’m behind. Hope to have that corrected soon.
- It’s hot in here. I’m sweating and all I’m doing is typing. Really hate St. Louis in this time of year. Wish it would have rained like they said it was going to. That would’ve cooled it down. (Maybe it rained in some part of the St. Louis area, but I wasn’t in that part.)
- Got an oil change today. They cost too much. But, on the other hand, I am now only getting my oil changed every 5000 miles, because 3000 is a lie. I have a reminder light that comes on every 5000 miles, so that works just fine for me. Still… $40 for an oil change is ridiculous. Then I also had them put a windshield wiper on my back window, since it was literally falling apart. Took the girl who was doing it 10-15 minutes… I’m pretty sure I could have fashioned one in the time she took to attach it. But at least I got the “green” oil, so I’m being a good person. You should all really try to be more like me, y’know. I’m great.
- Been listening to Elvis Costello non-stop for the past couple of days. Last week it was the RAMONES. This week Costello. Enjoying it. I sometimes forget how great his non-hits are. I mean, I love “Alison” and “Peace, Love, and Understanding” and whatnot…but there are some really great “deep cuts” in the Costello catalogue.
- Watching GI Joe on cable. The old 80s cartoon one, not the stupid-assed movie. The stupid-assed SERIES.
- Very close to launching some cool new stuff on the Two Hangmen website. Have it working on the laptop, but not online yet. Working out a couple of bugs and hope to go live with it in the next weekish.
…and that’s all I want to write for now. Other stuff to say, but no energy.