I’ve been sick for a few days. Not just “I don’t feel good” sick, but “taking time off work because I’m basically in a freaking coma and I can’t safely drive” sick. I feel better today than I have in several days, and I think that’s because I took today off completely (I went in on Tuesday and Wednesday, but left early both days) and I just slept and slept. The worst day was probably Wednesday. I’m sure I had a fever on Wednesday. But I think that’s gone now, and my nose isn’t running like a faucet anymore, so I’m on the mend. I’m still a touch light-headed and my throat won’t heal up from the coughing and drainage for at least a week, but in all, I’m getting back on my own two feet and looking forward to going to work tomorrow. (Thanks to any co-workers who might be reading for their understanding. Hope me being out didn’t add too much to your already full plates.)
Anyway…let’s just do a random post thing to catch up a little bit.
- Yesterday was my Dad’s birthday. So late happy birthday, Dad.
- I think I’m starting to understand the whole “Occupy Wall Street” thing. Tell me where I’m wrong, but the message seems to be, “We’re so pissed off we don’t know where to start, and we don’t have anything else to do since we’re out of work…so just…okay?!?” Right? That’s it right?
- I wrote a song in between comas yesterday. I kinda like it. Not sure if it’s a solo song or a Two Hangmen song. I’ll have to run it by Dave first, I guess. But the working title is “Church Girls.” Assume what you will.
- Speaking of Two Hangmen, I was planning on having the website fully up and running yesterday. Then again, I was also planning on not having a fever. So it’ll probably go up over the weekend, then we’ll really have this thing off the ground.
- Short summary of the current CBS Thursday night lineup:
- Big Bang Theory — Still good.
- How to be a Gentleman — Trying to do too many things at once. They need to drop the jock character (Kevin Dillon) and just spend time in the main character’s world. Let him play off Dave Foley some more—Foley’s gold. As it is, it’s too busy and I’m not memorizing anyone’s names or character traits…if they drop Dillon’s character (though, don’t get me wrong, he does a fine job with it), they’ll have a semi-Fraiser-ish comedy that’d work really well. As it is now, it’s a mess.
- Person of Interest — Not interesting. (See what I did there?) I love Michael Emerson, and I want him to succeed…but this show’s just boring. I tried really hard, but I suddenly realized that I wasn’t watching the show, but was instead reading about M&Ms on Wikipedia. Not a good sign.
- Thing after that… — Haven’t been watching it.
- Well of course he died. You ever try to reset an iPod? It’s like impossible.
- Don’t think of it as death, think of it as a systems failure.
- Man, he must’ve been really disappointed that they announced the iPhone 4s instead of the iPhone 5.
- Somewhere Bill Gates is like “FINALLY!”
- Jobs’ funeral is going to be slimmer, sleeker, lighter, and 30% more expensive than all previous funerals, but will be functionally exactly the same.
- Ironically, the last thing he saw was a blue screen.
- …and that’s enough. Again…genuinely sorry. If it helps, I want my own funeral to be as disrespectful as possible. The only reason Jobs’ death was able to spark so many tasteless jokes was because he ACCOMPLISHED so much. And although I am not an Apple fan (I even hate my iPod), I would like to think that this kind of thing stands as something of a tribute in its own way.
That’s it, I think… Not much going on since I’ve spent so much of the week sneezing, coughing, and sleeping. I’ve somehow still been finding time to update the Tumblr page regularly. (I think it’s stream-of-consciousness enough that it’s just easier to update than the blog is.) It’s always worth clicking over there…or bookmarking it…or whatever. But otherwise…blah. I’m sure I’ll have something worthwhile to say next week.
Until then…until then…