I haven’t posted in about a week, so I wanted to get something on the page. I’ve got a few things I WANT to write about that would take more focus than I have available at the moment…so instead, I’m just going to post a playlist I made.
These are all songs that kind of grab me and send an “it’s not so bad” type of message. Some of them impact me pretty deeply. Pretty much, I wanted to make a playlist full of songs that send a chill down my spine, in the good way. And I soon discovered that apparently there are only about 12 of those… So here they are! The playlist title is based on how every church seems to label it in their bulletin when someone sings a solo. It’s not a solo. It’s not a song. It’s not a performance. It’s…
“Music for Inspiration”
- Storm (First movement, aka “”Lift Yr. Skinny Fists, Like Antennas to Heaven…”) – Godspeed You! Black Emperor
- Walk – Foo Fighters
- Hold Me Up – Live
- Some Lucky Day – Tom Waits
- Real Good Looking Boy – The Who
- Be the Rain – Neil Young
- I’m Amazed – My Morning Jacket
- You Can’t Always Get What You Want – Rolling Stones
- I Believe (When I Fall in Love it will be Forever) – Stevie Wonder
- Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen
- Release the Stars – Rufus Wainwright
- Moment of Surrender – U2
…so there you go. I’ll post something more elaborate before the week’s over.