I’ve been feeling a little basic this week. It’s been kind of a killer-busy/stressful week on a couple of levels, and most of it is stuff that doesn’t belong on the blog because either it’s incredibly dull or it’ll piss somebody off. So I haven’t written anything much… But I wanted to post something anyway. So here’s a list of “Music to Work By” from today. This is the stuff that was pumping through my iPod headphones while I was working all day. (Haven’t posted one of these in a while, so thought I’d explain it again for anyone who for some reason couldn’t figure it out from the title “Music to Work By.”) It just might give some hints into what’s starting to take shape for my eventual “Best of 2011” list in a few months.
In the order that I listened to them…
- Centro-matic — “Candidate Waltz”
- Drive-By Truckers — “Go Go Boots”
- Flogging Molly — “Speed of Darkness”
- Foo Fighters — “Wasting Light”
- My Morning Jacket — “Circuital”
- Beady Eye — “Different Gear, Still Speeding”
- CAKE – “Showroom of Compassion”
So it was a long day…but at least it (mostly) rocked.
So that’s it. Go buy music. In physical formats. Don’t let Steve Jobs win in his obvious quest to kill music.