I have not blogged in over a week. Yikes. Sorry. I can’t even blame it on the Tumblr page, as I’ve been relatively quiet there for a few days too. I guess life’s just got me distracted enough that I haven’t needed to live vicariously through my Internet connection. So…let’s get caught up, whaddya’ say?
- Peter Falk died. I love Peter Falk. I first got to know him as Max in “The Great Race” (holy crap, the entire main cast of that movie is now dead!). Most of you will know him either as Lt. Columbo from “Columbo” (yay!) or as the grandpa reading Fred Savage a story in “The Princess Bride” (meh!). I’ve seen every episode of Columbo, and it sucks that he died…but on the other hand he’s been very ill for a very long time. His mental state had decayed so much that he didn’t even remember being Columbo…which might be the saddest thing I’ve ever heard in my life. So I’m glad he’s free from that now. Either way…watched some “Columbo” with my dad this weekend in honor. So rest in peace. …and push the button, Max!
- The Great Kitchen Remodel has been eating up a lot of my concentration. I’m basically enjoying it, although I wish I had a little bit more of a clue on how some of it is done so I could do a better job of pricing it. Cabinets have been particularly problematic as they are—how do I put this?—ass blastingly expensive. Hood’s has some good deals, assuming it’s fully wood…which I think it was…we shall see. But I’ve found a counter-top I like, a flooring I like, a back-splash I LOVE, and appliances I really dig. So it should be cool. Even if the cabinets I saw and liked are chipboard, they look really good and I might be okay with that…even though there are very valid reasons people say not to go with chipboard… I’ll figure it out.
- Watching wrestling tonight, CM Punk delivered one of the best promos I’ve ever seen anyone do. The fact that John Cena is cheered and Punk isn’t is just proof that (1) wrestling audiences are stupid and (2) Vince McMahon is great at exploiting stupid people.
- Thanks to everyone who downloaded and is enjoying the “Wayne County EP.” I’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback and I’ve really appreciated it. But now that it’s behind me, I’m looking forward to focusing on Two Hangmen.
- The Hangmen EP has taken a GIANT leap forward in that I’ve officially confirmed that the ink I need to print on the discs has officially been shipped. I know it doesn’t sound like much…but it’s HUGE. So we’ll be selling that to you soon. Which means I have a lot more work to get done on www.twohangmen.net.
- I pulled an old hard drive out of an old computer recently. I just ordered a thing that should allow me to pull information off of it. Hopefully that will lead to some interesting results. I’m looking forward to seeing who I was in 1999! Or if it doesn’t work, I’m looking forward to screaming curse-words at it. Either way…big weekend coming up!
- Thinking I’m going to get a haircut in July. I didn’t mean to let it get so long. Think I’ll go pretty short, then cut it again next July. Try the “once a year” thing. Unless I need to clean up for some kind of wedding or television appearance or something. 🙂
- Comic books have been making me happy lately. I don’t think I’ve picked up anything I thought was a waste in over a month. Particularly enjoying “Fear Itself” and “Flashpoint.” But I’ll soon write about that on Empty Checking. (Which I’ve been neglecting FOREVER. Super-sorry!)
- Gay marriage is now legal in New York. I’m fine with that. If nothing else, I’m happy for Neil Patrick Harris, who was pretty clear in a statement last week that he wants to get married. And for those opposed to gay marriage, just remember this…it’s the fault of straight couples. After all, if they didn’t have gay children, they wouldn’t grow up to want gay weddings.
- I accidentally invented something delicious. I was at a church thing with a lot of different fast foods. I ate a Wendy’s Spicy Nugget and immediately followed it up with a White Castle with cheese. That is a taste sensation, and you’ve got to try it out. In advance…you’re welcome! 🙂
- Been raining a lot. I don’t know if I know anyone in Florissant that didn’t have to break out the wet-dry vacs in their basement this weekend. (The tenses and pluralizations in that last sentence were insane.) I like rain a lot…but I’m a little tired of the damage that’s recurring throughout the Midwest, and I’m VERY tired of thunder waking me up in mid-sleep pattern. So I’ll relent and say, “Summer? Why not? Let’s try it.” It’d be nice to dry out for a while.
…and that pretty much brings us up to speed. I’ll try to write some more this week. Sorry for the silence.