Let’s do a random thing…whaddya say?
- I’ve let the “Empty Checking” blog/podcast slide lately. Got a lot I should write and/or talk about. I’ll get to it sometime this week…possibly even today, depending on how it goes.
- I don’t know a politically correct way to say this…but I totally get chicken and waffles. I don’t know why other white people think it’s weird. COME ON, white people!
- Working on getting DerekBrink.com up to par. Looking at it in preparing for “Wayne County” I saw that it hadn’t really been updated for almost a YEAR. Yikes!
- I’m kind of starting to get into the “Marble Hornets” thing that’s on YouTube. It’s sort of like Blair Witch if you ever got any payoff from SEEING THE ACTUAL FREAKING THREAT in Blair Witch. It explores the “Slender Man” myth that popped up on the Internet a couple of years ago (although, I maintain that they based the myth on multiple earlier horror movies/stories…but I digress…). It’s okay. The story and concept are good. But unfortunately the acting isn’t even on par with Blair Witch. Oh well…at least it’s free.
- Watching a Man v. Food marathon and getting hungry. I really want something that comes with a lot of cheese…and decent fries. Or maybe cheese fries…
- I’m thinking about the eventual backsplash for my kitchen… I don’t know where it’s going just yet, but it’ll be tile of some kind, of course. I actually kind of want to try for a similar, though perhaps more muted tone of the mirror I have hanging next to the hall in the house. Maybe pull the two ideas together somehow… We’ll see…
- Haven’t been sleeping well this week. Last couple of nights I’ve been sleeping really lightly, and even though it technically adds up to a lot of time spent in bed, I probably haven’t actually slept much more than I did during the work week. Oh well. Probably just because it’s been hot outside and the weather’s going up and down all day. I don’t adjust well to weather changes.
- So it seems that the cool thing to do is make Congressman Weiner jokes. Too easy. I don’t know anything about the guy, really. Don’t even know which party he’s from. Frankly, I just think it’s sad that a guy’s personal mistakes end up taking the spotlight and his political career is pretty much over because of it. I mean…regardless of if anything he did was actually illegal, there’s no way he’s NOT going to resign or be somehow forced out at this point, is there? Unfortunately, that’s probably the best thing for everyone. There’s not any business getting done at this point, after all. His debacle has just distracted the entire nation and put a pall over his term and his constituents. It really shouldn’t be that way…but at this point… May as well just move on.
- I think it’s just time that I admit to myself and others that Matt Smith has taken over from David Tennant as being my favorite Doctor. Bowties ARE cool!
- Got a little bit of a headache going on…
- Still waiting on the new music I ordered from Amazon. Took them about a week to even ship the stuff, even though it was all in stock and all being sold DIRECTLY by Amazon. Not the first time this has happened to me. Not likely to order from them again without either a spectacular deal or a gift card. Could’ve driven to their facility and picked it up myself by now. What’s the point? *Finger-shake at Amazon.*
Well…I can’t think of anything else and I kinda have to pee. So I’m going to stop writing now.