Okay. The Two Hangmen cover provided a good transition between the serious posts I’ve put up recently and the absurd stuff I’m way better at… So now that we’re back in the swing of things, let’s do one of my signature Random Posts.
- I think I’ve mentioned that I’ve been fighting a cold for a week or so. It’s way better than it was, but I’m still having moments of extreme congestion and my throat’s sore. It worst when I first wake up in the morning. But then again, what isn’t?
- The “Wayne County EP” I talked about on the blog last week is almost ready to go. I’ve got some minor fixes to make and I’m hoping to be listening to the “final” mix tomorrow or Tuesday. It’ll be an online thing, free through the website. I’ll be doing some updates to the website at the same time…so it might not go up this week. I’ve got a lot of work to do to get the website looking right for it. It’s almost embarrassing how infrequently I update that thing. But anyway…the EP will happen sooner or later.
- Re: my recent post on Osama… I stand by it. But I have been informed that some of the Christians who were less than happy with the American reaction to the news were mainly concerned that it might look like America was showing a racist attitude toward Muslims. Now…that doesn’t make MUCH sense, since (a) 99% of what I’ve been seeing has specifically addressed bin Laden, (b) Muslims can be of any nationality or skin-color, and (c) if you’re a Christian you’re already pretty much telling every other religion that they’re going to Hell and you’re not (nyah-nyah!). But, if that actually has been anyone’s concern, it’s at least excusable. But I stand by my basic premise as defined in that post.
- Speaking of EPs (as I did two-items ago, if you lost track)… The Two Hangmen EP is VERY close to being done. We’re drawing up some liner notes, printing up artwork, and burning discs. We’ve got some website-building to do, but that’ll be quick, and then we’ll be up and running. I’ll be sure to keep you posted. I think you’ll really dig what we’re doing in this band.
- I had my first-ever Pabst Blue Ribbon this weekend. I’d joked about picking some up with my brother on Friday night, but I didn’t. Then last night, I kinda wanted a beer and I figured “Why not? How bad could it be?” Well…it’s not great. I like it more than I like Miller, more than I like most Budweiser products, but less than I like AmberBock. It’d be a good beer for standing around, watching a band…but it’s nothing to write home about.
- Going to see the Captains from Deadliest Catch on Tuesday!
- I’ve got some upcoming gigs with the Michael Feldman Group. On the 20th, we’ll be at Handle Bars Tavern 1149 N. Lindbergh (in Florissant) from 8:30-12:30. Then on the 21st, we’ll be at Rumple’s Pub on Main Street in St. Charles from 9-1. Hope some of you can make it out to one or both of those shows!
- I had some Buffalo Wild Wings the other night. I’ve had them a few times. People around here go nuts about them…but I’m not that nuts, I guess. It was fine. I enjoyed it. But I would’ve liked to pay five-bucks less, I guess. So…that’s how I feel about BWW (or BW3, or B-dubs, or whatever ridiculous thing you want to call them).
- I had a weird moment at like 3 a.m. the other night/morning. As far as I’m aware, there were no unusual sounds or noises, but for some reason, I sat straight up in bed. And I had “Time” by Pink Floyd stuck in my head. It was literally: *snore* — *snore* — *sno- – -* “Ticking away the moments that make up the dull day!” “…what?” Just an odd experience. Thought I’d share.
And that’ll do it for now. I need to start thinking about dinner.