Here’s some more randomness. It’s all I’ve got.
- That last post gave me a RIDICULOUS amount of hits because I mentioned WWE personality “Edge” in the title. I mean, it’s INSANE how much traffic that’s brought in over the past few days! So…uhh…hi everybody, I guess. I am now prepared to concede that Edge is actually retired, and I wish him well.
- Missed the debut of “Deadliest Catch” for rehearsal, as I mentioned last time. Still haven’t watched it. It’s two hours long, and I’m a very tired person. I probably won’t see it until the weekend. Fortunately, there aren’t really many “spoilers” to be had on a documentary-style show. A basic spoiler summary would be “the Harris boys talked about their dad a little. The fleet fished. Sig swore a lot. We all still hate Keith for several reasons. The new guys might be okay, but I don’t like them yet.” That’s pretty much how I’d imagine the spoilers go on this show…so it’s not like anyone can ruin it for me. Still…looking forward to eventually seeing it.
- I’m watching the band “The Kills” on Conan right now. I don’t say this about musicians often, because we’re all just trying to get by, and not everything is everyone’s cup of tea, but that doesn’t mean it sucks…but what the hell is this crap???
- Two Hangmen photo session coming up on Saturday…and all I can think about is, “What t-shirt should I wear???”
- A friend of mine is working on a movie called The Bloodfest Club. some of you may remember Jim Ousley as an alum from my “Out from the Light” record. (Available at iTunes here…and apparently I can not link to it on Napster or Rhapsody…but it’s find-able, if you search.) The movie looks all-kinds-of-awesome. Check out the trailer. Should be fun! Plus, he’s been working his ass off on this thing for a couple of YEARS and deserves to have his labor of love celebrated…and he’s a good guy.
- I’m trying to save money, as I think I mentioned last time. I’m still buying comic books, at present, but I’m trying to hold-off on some of the more fun stuff until I know how my financial situation is going to work out. I’m going to miss the fun things…like lunch.
- Seriously…in order to use Napster, their website tells me I need to upgrade to Internet Explorer 8. Which I am presently running. Turns out Lars was right about them being idiots.
- I’m going to be doing a double-header with the Michael Feldman Group in May. Mark your calendars for May 20-21. Two different venues. I forget which is which night, so I won’t say yet. (I wrote it down when he called and left the thing I wrote it on at work.) But that’s kinda cool. Gonna be SORE on the 22nd though!
- Very excited to hear that the Brothers Davies are getting together this week to discuss the possibility of a Kinks reunion. I would LOVE to see the Kinks. Come on, God…you owe me!
- I paused from blogging to eat a bacon sandwich. That’s what it’s come to. Bacon sandwich…but at least it’s not that sandwich from KFC where there is no bread, but rather a sandwich composed of two slabs of chicken with bacon in the middle. I think they call it the KFC Chicken Sadness Sandwich. I believe it comes with a side of failure-wedges and a drink filled with the regrets of your choice. KFC: Creating YOUR disappointments, in sandwich form! (Looks tasty, though…)
- Going to a Banjo Club meeting tomorrow. Haven’t been in a while. Got lots of friends coming. Should be fun.
- It’s been a long week. That’s all…just…seriously…fuck this week. (Sorry to the handful of you who like to pretend that you’ve never said or heard that word and that my typing it here will somehow destroy childhoods.)
That’s all for now. I’ve stopped caring.
Comic Books Purchased:
- Batman: Arkham (100-Page Spectacular/One-Shot)
- The Flash – Issue #10 (Road to Flashpoint)
- The Unwritten – Issue #24
- Justice League: Generation Lost – Issue #23
- Black Panther – Issue #517
- CarbonGrey – Issue #2