Just working off some late night energy by blogging…Let’s go…
- Season premier of “House” tonight was pretty good…but (this only barely counts as a spoiler, because it’s not as much as spoiler as it is a plot hole)… I thought Foreman was a neurosurgeon, right? Why was there ever even a problem?
- In other TV news, I’ve just started into Season 4 of my “Lost” rewatch. I think my favorite line of dialogue in all of the show is Jack’s line to Locke in the Season 4 premier… “All you have ever done is blow up every chance we had of getting off of this island!” 🙂
- On my way to work today, I took my usual exit to find that they’d shut down the bridge over the highway and I couldn’t take that way to work…nor could I get back on the highway in a way that I knew would get me to work. So I called in and my boss got on Google and directed me to the office from the Internet. It was ridiculous, and I STILL don’t know why the bridge was closed—I’m assuming there was an accident, and I’m hoping it’s back open now so I can go that way tomorrow. But it was a fun little adventure to start the morning. So right on.
- I need more avocado in my life. I eat this thing for lunch (at work) from Crazy Bowls & Wraps occasionally that makes really good use of avocado, and now I can’t get enough of it. I kinda want to eat that right now…but there’s not a Crazy Bowls near me. And it’s after 2:30 a.m. Maybe tomorrow.
- Work’s been super-busy. I’m not sure how much I’m at liberty to say, so I’ll say very little…but I know I can say we’ve been getting some extra (and WELCOME) business lately, and we’re about to get MORE, too. So it’s good news…but it’s sure keeping us busy. Better than sitting on your hands all day though…y’know…unless you’re into that kinda thing…
- Meeting with Dave tomorrow (or tonight, I guess) to run through some stuff. Hope to have some band-news for y’all soon.
- Seriously…I really want some avocado. I’m thinking of going to an all-night grocery store and buying one…
- I could use a good rainy day. I know we got some rain this weekend…but I mean in mid-week. Just a good rainy day with maybe some light (but not threatening) thunder. That’d be nice. (I know…I’m weird…)
- I keep taking random swallows of what’s left in my bottle of Bushmills “Black Bush.” Got barely a glass-full in there, and I’ve just been taking random swigs of it since I got home. Not even enough to get a buzz or anything like that…just enough to taste it. I don’t know why. I think I either need to drink or get off the pot. (Or however that saying goes.) It’s a good whiskey…but I think next time I’m going to get some Maker’s Mark.
- Bathroom worries aside, I’m getting some decent work done on the house. Got some decent plans outlined and some work has been taking place. It’s going pretty well, and I’m hoping to get a lot done on it soon.
- Recording a demo for the Feldman Group this weekend. Four songs, I think. Should be fun…and hopefully quick. We’re doing Friday night and Saturday morning. Hoping Saturday goes quickly enough that I can get a little more sleep afterward, before accomplishing some more stuff that night. I told Mike that the latest I can go on Saturday is 6:00 a while ago (I hope he remembers that)…with the Friday session also happening, I’m hoping we won’t need that much time.
Well…that’s it. I’m getting sleepy, and if I’ve learned anything it’s that I should sleep when I’m sleepy, ’cause it ain’t coming later.
- Squeeze – “Spot the Difference”
- Maybe some Kinks later tomorrow…