The list of fuck-ups to date, perpetrated by the contractor, whose name I am doing them the courtesy of not posting . For now.
- Started earlier than they said they would, and when specifically told they were not wanted on that day, were insistent about it.
- Left a flatbed trailer in my driveway for two weeks, not even leaving enough space to fit my car in there.
- Promised ONE week of work. Took TWO weeks and are STILL not finished (more on that at the end of the post).
- Left plywood up in place of a patio door overnight in a town that isn’t exactly #1 on the “safest in America” list.
- Upon installing the patio door the next day, they installed it BACKWARDS.
- Did not check for product availability prior to starting work, thereby leading to almost not getting the shower door I wanted.
- Paint in bathroom is sloppy in several areas.
- There is a BIG paint STAIN on my flooring in the hallway, which they covered with a garbage bag until they got out of dodge, so I wouldn’t notice.
- Hung light fixture too low, thereby pushing mirror too low and pushing shelf into a different, non-preferred location. (Which also tells me that they didn’t bother to find out the measurements of the stuff I wanted installed before they put up the light fixture, either.)
- There is a deep gouge in one of the floor tiles by the door where they clearly jammed the frame into place. It’s very close to the frame, so the casual glancer might not notice…but I did.
- There is a crack in the door frame that wasn’t there before. Hoping I wouldn’t notice…they painted over it.
- There are assorted marks and discolorations on several household surfaces, most notably my front door, that weren’t there before.
- On Thursday, one of them pissed in my new toilet and didn’t bother flushing it, leaving it there for me to find later.
- And here’s the big one… After all that… They get out of my house yesterday. I try out the shower today. Works fine, or so I think… Then I go downstairs into my laundry room… And… THE PLUMBING IS LEAKING. There is a significant pool of water flooding the (thankfully cement) floor of the laundry room.
I’m going to say this once, and I’m going to say it clearly.
Fuck. These. Guys.
In the “bidding” stage, the ass that runs the “business” (sic) claimed to not have any complaints against him with the Better Business Bureau.
Well. You’ve got one now.
They get ONE chance to fix it. Then—when that doesn’t work—I’m posting their name. It’s a pity…it’s an otherwise fine, fine name. Worthy of even my nephew or maybe the lead singer in a Southern rock band…