It’s very late at night/early in the morning. I’m not able to sleep, so I figured I’d jot down a couple of things, anyway…
- Finally watched “Inglourious Basterds.” Short review – Good, not great. Don’t feel worse for watching it, and the guy that played “The Jew Hunter” definitely deserved his Oscar…but the movie itself isn’t making my all-time top five WWII-themed movies. (Although, aside from “To Be or Not to Be” I’m not sure what would be on that list…)
- I think my bathroom’s more or less “done.” I didn’t notice it until today, but the guy installed the new light fixture about a foot lower than the last one had been, which moved my mirror down almost INTO the sink and made the shelf (which I’m in LOVE with) unable to fit where I wanted it. It’s not necessarily a “bad” job, but at the same time, I’m not 100% happy. Am I 90% happy? I’m not sure. I don’t like the light and mirror being so low, though. That I know. (But, on the plus-side…big-ass bathtub.) I do have about three places in the bathroom I could fit that shelf—the contractor was fairly insistent that it wouldn’t fit anywhere. But he also installed my patio door backwards on his first attempt, so knowing how to use a screwdriver will only get you so far. So…I’m putting up a shelf sometime this week. Overall… Maybe I’ll grow to love it…but right now, it’s not what I had in my head and that kind of bums me out. But again, not a “bad” job by any means. It’s at least a damn-sight of an improvement over the baby-blue tile of yesteryear. (And, as we all know, I’m a pessimist. So even if he’d gotten it 100% right, I’d still be pissed off…)
- Finished Season 2 in my “Lost” re-watch.
- My brother and I had a fairly productive meeting about our musical endeavors the other night. I’m not sure if we’re ready to drop any “news” on you yet…but it’s forthcoming. I’m a big fan of bean-spilling…so I’m ready to tell you NOW, but I need to confirm that things are as firm in Dave’s mind as they are in mine. I think they are…but maybe we’ll wait to tell you the band name until we’ve at least established an Internet presence and/or recorded a demo. Or maybe not. Time will tell.
- My Dad’s in Memphis. Once again, Graceland goes on without me. (I don’t think they’re visiting there…but I’d sure like to get back there one of these days, now that I actually APPRECIATE Elvis. I didn’t fully “get it” when I went there as a 12/13-year-old.)
- Things at work are fine. The office looks weird now, though. We just got a new doorway made to connect two rooms…and the one room is apparently much brighter than the one we’ve been sitting in all this time. It’s like the ending of “Lost” is happening behind me every day. Good news is that we needed the space, though. So that’s okay. It’s just odd to have a door where there was a wall last week, as you’d probably imagine.
- I actually leaned out of my window and yelled at a guy in a turn lane today. I’d tell the story…but he knows what he did.
Well…that’ll do for now. I’m kinda sleepy, I guess… Let’s try this “bed” thing again.
- iPod’s on “shuffle.” And as such, I’ve come to realize that I have terrible taste in music.