Just dawned on me that I haven’t done a random-style post since before I did the “New Year’s Eve” posts. So let’s go!
- Charter Cable sucks. The signal keeps scrambling every 5-10 seconds and no one at the company is any damn help. I really wish they weren’t the monopoly cable-company in this area.
- Bought the new Iron Maiden, the new John Mellencamp, and Iron & Wine’s 2009 release. That was a weird combo.
- Got an oil change. Apparently I was about 800 miles overdue. I thought the “1” in the hundreds place of the sticker was a “7.” Oops. So it was badly needed…but seriously, Valvoline? $40?!? Really?!?
- I grabbed myself a bottle of Bushmill’s “Black Bush” Irish whiskey over the weekend. I’ve been a big Bushmill’s fan for a long time, but I’d never tried the “black.” Apparently it was aged in sherry casks. Really adds a dark, woody, smooth quality to the drink. I highly recommend it. It’s almost like whiskey stout.
- Played a few tunes with my brother tonight. I think we’re going to record a six-song demo just to have something to play for people. Hoping to get someone in to play some snare drum with some brushes for us, too…but that’s all the drums they’ll be allowed! (Okay…maybe—MAYBE—one cymbal for effect.) Looking forward to that.
- Should start meeting with a dude in the next week or so to play some bass and see if we’ll be working together. We’ll see.
- Our office at work is growing and growing, and tomorrow is the “big day” for some major happenings in the office. (Don’t want to say too much, because it’s boring to everyone but us, and also it’s not really anyone’s business how our office works. So there!) 🙂 Kind of exciting.
- Looks like there’s going to be some major remodelling happening at the house pretty soon. New back door. New bathroom. Paint on the walls. Trash in the…uhh…trash. Should be cool!
- Anyone else seen the new Kellog’s commercial that uses “Yummy, Yummy, Yummy I’ve Got Love in My Tummy” as the background music? Anyone else really disturbed by the fact that they’ve got KIDS singing that? (Maybe I’ve just got a dirty mind…but eew!)
- Update: I have not watched ANY of the movies I said I was going to. Oops. Hoping to at least get “Inglourious Basterds” under my belt by the weekend, since it’s borrowed.
- I ate at Rally’s (or Checkers, to some of you) today. Ordered the Bacon Cheddar Fries. I can pretty much guarantee that they used neither actual cheddar nor actual bacon. And I paid for it later.
- I’ve been massively behind on my Vonnegut reading. I’ve had a bookmark midway through “Palm Sunday” for about 2 months. I don’t know what happened. I think maybe I’ve just been reading more comic books and haven’t been making time for book-books. I’ll have to correct that. I feel like I’m missing out.
Well…that’s it for now. Might be going to see Rush on Sunday…but we’ll cross that bridge later. Tune in to “Empty Checking” this weekend for the reviews of the CDs I bought, as well as reviews of any of the comic books I’ll buy tomorrow.
Until then…try not to suck, okay?
- Cheers. Gonna try to watch some Red Dwarf before going to bed, too.