Well, I haven’t blogged since the news about Blue Tattoo hitting the shitter…so I should probably write something. I’m not going to talk any more about that for the time being. We’re on hiatus and we’re deciding what to do. When there’s news, I’ll share it…but I’m not going to speculate or whatever until there’s anything to say.
…so…what to say? I say we go random…
- Been reading some Vonnegut. I’m most of the way through “God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater.” Good book. I’ve actually read shockingly few Vonnegut novels, but I’ve read most of his short stories and essays. So far, my favorite of those I’ve read is probably still “Cat’s Cradle.” “Rosewater” has been pretty good, though. Has some particularly good Vonnegut-isms in it. My personal favorite so far being, “God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.”
- I’ve been listening to Pearl Jam’s “Backspacer” over and over again. Gotta say, it’s the best thing they’ve done since “Binaural” (and I like “Riot Act” a LOT).
- It’s after 4 a.m. and I’ve been watching “Doctor Who” for hours without having any clue how late/early it’s gotten. Wow.
- Missed my cousin Sammy’s “Sweet Sixteen” party tonight. It got a little snowy and slippery in my neck of the woods…and with traffic it took me about an hour and a half to get home from work (I’m thinking I must’ve been behind an accident somewhere). At that point, I’d been in a car long enough and didn’t want to tempt fate any further. So, sorry Sammy. I’ll send a card.
- The tooth-ache I mentioned earlier in the week hasn’t gotten any worse and has probably actually gotten a little better, in case you’re wondering. Only problem is that I keep re-opening the gums by brushing my teeth.
- It’s nice to have no plans for once on a Saturday.
- I don’t really care about either team in the Superbowl (no matter how heart-warming New Orleans’ story is supposed to be). I’m not into football and I think fandom of sporting events gets pretty silly. But…jumbo peel-and-eat shrimp and The Who’s playing…so right on.
- Season premier of “LOST” was great. I was only so-so on the last season, but the premier of this season ALONE more than made up for it. Can’t wait to see how this all ends.
That’s it…I should get some sleep. I love sleep.