No real theme…just goin’ with it…
- Wasn’t feeling so hot this morning…stayed home. Feeling better tonight. Should make it in tomorrow. Super-sorry to my co-workers, if you read this.
- The Feldman record is progressing. I have a voicemail from Mike to listen to, which probably has some notes…but all in all I think it’s moving in the right direction. I have some concerns about mixing the background vocals, but there’s always something difficult on every mix-down. All things considered, something with the word BACKGROUND in it isn’t that big of a problem, and if that’s as bad as it gets, we’re in good shape.
- I think UPS lost a shipment of Christmas gifts I’d ordered. Fortunately, the good people at Amazon have re-sent everything with overnight shipping FOR FREE, with the condition that if the other shipment ever shows up, I should return the duplicates. Nice folks. THAT’S how you do business! (You should ALSO do business with FedEx…but I digress…)
- The Blue Tattoo record seems to be taking forever, doesn’t it? Yikes. Just need to finish vocals and my guitar parts (and maybe a quick bass re-record from Dave?) and we’re good…but man…it’s been a LONG, LONG TIME. It’s to the point that I can’t remember NOT working on it anymore, and I’m pretty much just wanting to be DONE with it. My interest in finishing it is actually starting to wane, it’s been so long. That’s not to say it isn’t GOOD…it is. It’s very good, and I’m very proud of the results we’re getting. It’s just taking us forever to finish the thing. Hopefully soon…
- Finally SAW—with my own eyes—the mouse in my basement. It wandered by as I was recording a vocal part on Saturday. Or at least I think it was a mouse. Mouse…flightless bird…something brownish… Actually, I’m not convinced it’s the same mouse as before. I think the first one left of its own accord when it warmed up for a little bit, but then it got cold and a new one wandered in. Just a theory. Anyway…here’s hoping the traps work. Kinda creeps me out to see something blurry run by while I’m singing. 🙂
- They’re showing some of the really crappy episodes of Star Trek on TV lately…here I come, DVDs.
- Gotten some positive feedback on the free downloads over at the site. Thanks to those who’ve checked it out…and if you haven’t, please give it a listen. I think you’ll like it. And, y’know…the price is right…
- I’m just going to say it… Keenan is now OFFICIALLY my favorite SNL cast member.
- Getting kind of excited about Christmas. I’m pretty much out of money…I still have to buy for Grandma, my aunt and uncle, my cousins, and maybe one more thing for Susan…but I’m excited! Just have to do the last bit of buying AFTER I know how much of the paycheck I’m getting this week is going to bills. 🙂
- Belated happy birthday to Valerie (said it the other day, too…but haven’t blogged it). Enjoyed the giant steak—seriously, that thing was ridiculous AND delicious! Hope you’re digging the DVDs, which even stacked on top of one another probably aren’t as thick as my steak, but will probably last a lot longer, all told…
- Re: Tiger Woods… Don’t really care about what’s going on, how many mistresses he had, etc. (Though I do think there’s probably at least one fraud in the bunch.) I mean, sure, I don’t AGREE with his behaviour, but it doesn’t really change my life or his accomplishments in the sport he’s famous for playing—which now apparently he CAN’T play… But, all things considered, I will say this… I hope David Letterman sent the guy a frikkin’ AWESOME fruit basket! 🙂
- Seriously…I’m like OUT of money.
- Anybody else miss Alyson Hannigan’s shorter, redder hair? I sure do. Just watched an episode of How I Met Your Mother from the first season, and I totally miss that era of her hair.
- I think I’m going to take a super-hot bath, read a little (while bathing), and then go to bed. You should give that kind of thing a shot once in a while if you don’t already do it.
- A weird, kind of random list of songs by secular rock bands that offer an opinion on religion—and I’ll probably post that playlist soon, for those that’d be interested.