I’ve got a big week ahead of me. It’s a holiday week, of course. So that means I’ve only got three days of work…but that doesn’t mean I’m exactly taking it easy.
Here’s a brief itinerary of the week ahead…
- My acoustic panels arrive. I plan to at least START unpacking them after work.
- Probably record a couple of guitar tracks I’ve been meaning to get around to.
- Band practice. Likely finish up on Teague’s parts and maybe do some vocals or some of my still outstanding tracks.
- Work… And I’m getting up EARLY this day and opening. We’re under-staffed with people taking a couple of days off for Thanksgiving plans…gonna be a long day, but thankfully it’s also the last day of work for the week, so I can deal with the fatigue involved.
- If I’ve got the energy (which I won’t) I’ll probably finish up some guitar tracks, unless I’m just going to go straight to Dave and Valerie’s place and sleep over in order to get up and moving in time for Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving Day.
- Go to Cape Girardeau. Eat lots of food. Come home from Cape Girardeau. Sleep.
- Sleep in.
- Finish unpacking all those acoustic panels and do something to get them up on the wall, hopefully covering over at least one of the two big-ass windows I’ve got.
- Clean up a bit…
- Finish up my work on all previous recording projects, if time.
- Mike Feldman’s coming over with the current incarnation of his band to record bass and drums for their new record. Early start. 9 a.m.
- Hopefully wrap by about 5 p.m. (or sooner) and get dinner.
- Likely to crack open a Boddingtons or two to relax and bid a LOOOOONG week farewell.
- Probably church, if I can get out of bed after all the exhaustion.
- Mike Feldman’s coming over to finish up his guitar tracks–which should go pretty quickly, since he’s awesome at guitar.
- Simpsons…Family Guy…Venture Bros…bed.
…so that’s my super-busy week. Why is my vacation week so freaking PACKED?!? I thought I’d thought ahead on this one…but November seems to have gotten away from me a little. Hopefully I’ll find the strength to blog a thing or two as well…but we’ll see.
And next month…Christmas! 🙂
Okay…that’s it for now. It’s after 2 a.m. and I should go to bed. So I’m-a-doin’ that…
- Springsteen – “Working on a Dream”