Y’know how for the past couple of years, I’ve been calling a certain radio-host by several arguably mean names? How, every time I mention him, I refer to him as “That fat, deaf, drug-addled piece of crap Rush Limbaugh?” (Mostly due to his comments and actions re: Parkinson’s Disease; the disease which was a major contributor to the death of my grandfather.) Well…turns out that I can add “racist” too.
As some may know, that fat, deaf, drug addled piece of crap Rush Limbaugh recently threw his hat into the ring to purchase the St. Louis Rams. On the one hand, I guess that works…it just seems like losers finding one another. Kind of a match made in Heaven, or at least in Burger King (…fat). Well, this article at the website of my hometown newspaper brings up some comments he’s made that I somehow missed. Here’s just a couple of highlights of things that fat, deaf, drug addled piece of crap Rush Limbaugh has said re: black people (and football players, too).
“Look, let me put it to you this way: The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”
“I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: Slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back. I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”
“The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”
…and the worst part is that some of the people in the comments pages agree with him. Sorry about that. They don’t represent most of us. For some reason, no one with morals ever signs up to post comments on a news site in this town.
Anyhoo, just in case you’re keeping tabs…it now goes, “That fat, deaf, racist, drug addled piece of crap Rush Limbaugh.”
I just love progress.
…and by the way, yes. Sometimes I start feeling bad about calling him that—or at least PARTS of that. I sometimes worry that I’m crossing over into defamation of character or something like that…but then I see things like the above…or I remember his comments re: Michael J. Fox/Parkinsons…or I remember when he had an “NEA Member” on his old TV show to “tear up their membership card” (which—surprise—wasn’t actually an NEA membership card, which I know because my Dad actually HAS one)…or any of the other myriad of wrongs he’s perpetrated and I realize that you can’t defame what isn’t there. Unfortunately, the evidence is on my side.
It just kills me that his lemmings f**king QUOTE him like he’s Confucius. That’s what the world is coming to, I guess.
…so there’s your fat, deaf, racist, drug addled piece of crap update. (Hoping to add “homophobic,” and “pediatric hospice rival” to that by the end of the year.)
Closing comments on this one…just don’t want the same kind of douchebags from my newspaper’s website posting over here. I’M the only douchebag that gets to post here.
EDIT: Just a real quick justification for every point on that list…
- Fat – I think this one speaks for itself…though his later-day irresponsible diet (Google it) did manage to have him looking not-quite-as-fat for a while. Well done there…and that’s coming from a fellow “eater.”
- Deaf – Dude’s going deaf. I don’t wish that on anybody, and I’m half deaf myself…but I do find it ironic that he’s been deaf to the opinions of others for so long that it finally manifested physically.
- Racist – See above.
- Drug addled – Okay. No offense to anyone with addictions. I get how that happens and it’s an easy slope to slip down. Keep in mind that I’m talking about RUSH, not about YOU. If your addiction developed accidentally and you’ve been honest and responsible about it, that’s one thing…but when you’ve got a national radio-show on which you attest “I have never done drugs.” and “Too many whites are getting away with drug use…Too many whites are getting away with drug sales…The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.” I think at THAT point, you get to wear your label. (And on the latter quote—that kind of works for “racist,” too.)
- Piece of crap – I think this one speaks for itself, too.
- I could also add “sexist” (he actually once stated that he’s proud to be called a “chauvinist pig” and I believe he’s the one that coined the term “femi-nazi”) and hypocrite to the list…but frankly, it’s getting hard to remember all of that stuff to spit it out every time. Plus on the latter, we’re ALL hypocritical about SOMETHING…he just broadcasts it.
- The main reason I show the guy so little respect is because I will NEVER respect abuse of power. Rush KNOWS that his listeners hang on his every word and assume he is relaying facts. The trouble is, even when he IS telling the truth, he’s doing it with malice and venom. But seemingly at a 50/50 split, he doesn’t even bother with being factual. That’s the problem…that whole “do unto others as you’d have them do unto you” thing? Sometimes you get done unto. I just assume that since Rush is who he is and behaves as he does, this is exactly the type of response he wants, or at least expects.
…and there…I’m done defending it. Point is, the Rams suck enough without having that guy at the helm, to boot.