No theme or anything…just haven’t updated since Farm Aid.
- Think I might’ve heard a gunshot on the way home from work today…that or some guy hit a sewer. Hard to say. I was in my car and had just waved off a homeless guy (I didn’t have anything to give him) and the dude kind of went across the street and I heard a big “boom” and I think felt my car shake a little. Could’ve been anything. Could’ve also been a construction thing around the corner that I couldn’t see, too…but it was kinda weird. Actually, if it HAD been a gunshot, I kind of don’t think it would’ve been so loud…so maybe I’m just paranoid. But if I die at the intersection of Kingshighway and Delmar this week, look for a beggar in a green coat. He was gunning for me. He’s at that intersection bothering people a lot. (Kidding…kinda…)
- Been having trouble keeping one of my tires inflated, despite a patch-job. Missed work on Monday as a result. Frustrating.
- Reading Nick Hornby’s new book. He’s back to writing about music. Yay!
- It’s been getting cold at night. That makes me happy.
- Work’s been good. Our volume seemed to slow down a little this week. I’m a little worried about that. Not because we’re losing business or anything, but because that probably means we’re going to get HAMMERED with new reports and claims at the end of the week and into next week. But we’ll deal. We’re good at what we do.
- Blue Tattoo record’s nearly done. We’ve decided that we’re going to re-record the stuff from the “Logan County EP” as well, and see if we want to include any of it. Hopefully that’ll be quick. Otherwise, all the new stuff’s pretty much done, except for some vocals and a guitar part Chris needs to do…which leads me to…
- Congrats to Chris and Amy on the birth of Mattingly Christopher Teague on Tuesday!
- I have a minor toothache from biting down on a bone. Gonna be sucking on tea-bags for a while. (That’s not a metaphor…it’s a home-remedy for a toothache.)
- “House” has been pretty good so far this season.
- I just went to my bank account online and it reads that I have $0.00 available in my checking account. I should have like $1400. I’ve got an e-mail in to them, but hopefully it’s just an internet math error that will clear up without any effort. (But I get the sense I should just find a new bank…not the first problem I’ve had with them this year alone.)
- Started drinking an old beer last night. By which I mean I reached for my beer (at band practice) and accidentally grabbed one that had been sitting there for probably two weeks…open. Didn’t swallow anything, but it was warm and horrible and ended up being spit all over the floor. Johnny almost threw up just watching it. It was awesome.
- My brother’s got a couple of things on his mind, but I’m not sure I’m allowed to talk about them. So, just in case, all I’m going to say is, “woah.”
- I can’t find my copy of Wilco’s “Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.” I know I had it a couple of weeks ago, but now it’s missing. Did I lend it to anyone?
- So that fat, deaf, drug-addled piece of crap Rush Limbaugh is one of the people involved in a possible purchase of the Rams. I don’t even CARE about football, but I hope this doesn’t happen. I refuse to let Limbaugh own ANY fixture of MY town. He can do whatever he wants in Cape Girardeau—that’s not my problem, but I refuse to let him take over St. Louis. This is my town, and I want him to KEEP OUT.
- Bonus Rush Limbaugh joke — Did you know Rush Limbaugh invented High Definition? Yeah. It’s true. He’s both high and deaf.
- I accidentally watched about 10 seconds of a Pauly Shore movie tonight. Almost killed myself.
That’s enough, I think…maybe too much.
Anyway…long-story-short, things are basically good…celebrity news is always entertaining…and hopefully no one took a shot at me today.