Here we go…
- I’ve been enjoying the Blue Tattoo recording sessions, and the songs are sounding pretty good…but I miss actual rehearsals. I’m a little worried that we’ll have to (to some extent) re-learn how we play the songs as a band after this. Maybe we should do an actual rehearsal one of these weeks instead of recording… Of course, I haven’t shared this feeling with anyone in the band…but still…
- I had “Friday I’m in Love” by the Cure stuck in my head all day yesterday. I meant to go out and buy the “Wish” CD (when I first bought it, I had it on cassette and I’ve never replaced it). Accidentally spent $40 on weird beers at Friar Tucks (in O’Fallon, MO) instead…so that’s in my fridge. Super-sorry, Cure.
- I don’t like to talk about my job much on the blog anymore because of certain past organizations I’ve worked for using it as an excuse for confrontation (though I don’t think my current bosses are anywhere near that crooked or judgemental)…but I do have to share that there’s one of our clients who promised us lobsters, but has not delivered us those lobsters (for a variety of perfectly reasonable reasons). And now he’s friends with one of my co-workers on Facebook, and he’s got pictures up of him CATCHING said lobsters on a boat. Totally bummed me out. Pity he’s such a nice guy or I’d be mad at him, lol! (Seriously, we aren’t like OWED the lobsters…but I was looking forward to them. He’s tried, but it just hasn’t worked out. It’s just kind of become an inside-joke.)
- I’ve recently been informed that my “Out from the Light” record has been missing from Rhapsody. Not sure for how long…but the people I pay just barely enough to justify calling “my people” are working on it and have promised me an answer this week.
- Also, I’ve been informed that when you access me on Rhapsody, they recommend David Cook as an alternative to me. Let me just qualify that by saying that not only am I not sure what the musical comparison is, but I also wouldn’t lick Simon Cowell’s ass for nearly as long and hard as that guy did…unless I saw some money up-front.
- Four quick CD reviews:
- The Reverend Horton Heat – “Laughin’ & Cryin'” — Best thing he’s done since “Lucky 13.” Really good.
- Drive-By Truckers – “The Fine Print” — Kind of fun. Kind of useless. Only for die-hard fans.
- Willie Nelson – “Lost Highway” — Really good. Love the “Brokeback Mountain” songs. Always skip the one with that tool Toby Keith. Proves Willie’s still got it.
- Cheap Trick – “Sgt. Pepper Live” — Really faithful to the original (Beatles) record. Only recording of “She’s Leaving Home” I’ve ever liked. “Within You, Without You” is still boring. Definitely worth the money.
- I’ve had an off-and-on allergy headache for a few days. Hoping Fall sets in soon so I can get over it.
- I think that if the Democrats and Republicans would actually LISTEN to one another and not just assume the other side’s wrong because of party affiliation alone, we’d get the health-care thing solved. Both sides have some valid points. There’s definitely a way to do universal healthcare, but not go too far. We just need to collaborate rather than just say “NO!” and “YES!”
- It gets cool enough in the evenings now that I’m thinking about firing up one of my pipes for a nice, relaxing hour of tamping and re-lighting. It’s been probably 6 months since my last pipe, by the way…and I didn’t reveal (and even lied about it) to my blog readers and/or most people that I’d been smoking a few cigarettes now and again for some time (I was stressed at work at the time…super-sorry)…but I’ve not had a cigarette since June 19, either and managed to I stop cold-turkey without killing anyone. But yeah…thinking about digging out a pipe.
- I haven’t seen a dentist yet. I’ve been wanting to, but my health-coverage didn’t start until the start of this month, and I still haven’t gotten my card in the mail (I blame my postman, not my office). Hopefully soon.
- I had one of the best Prime Ribs I’ve ever had in my life at the Longhorn Steakhouse near my house. You might want to eat that. Medium-rare…that’s what to ask for…
- Why are all kids afraid of the basement? Come to think of it…I’m 29 and I’m still afraid of the damn basement. Why is that?
- I kind of want chicken wings…but…don’t want to drive… It’s a pickle.
- Hang on. Gotta pee.
- Returned from peeing.
- I’ve often wondered if I could keep a job if I acted completely normal, came in every day, produced good work, and ALWAYS took the company line…but did it all in a foil hat.
- My niece Tessa has upgraded me from “Do-Do” to “Der-Der.” Slight improvement…but still makes me sound stupid. Hoping to graduate to “Derk” by the time she’s 2.
- I drove by a church that I’ve always known to have a cemetary right next to it. But as I drove by this time, I didn’t see the cemetary. Instead, I saw a parking lot. There’s just something wrong about that. Dare I say, it seems somehow unholy.
- Anyone know a cheap place I can get some sunglasses made? I’d need a prescription pair. The place I normally go is a little pricey and doesn’t seem to want to give me the size of glasses I’d want in sunglasses. Looking to spend as little as possible. Any suggestions?
…and that’ll do…