Here’s a random list of stuff I’ve been doing/thinking…
- Got tickets to see Leonard Cohen at the Fox in November. My friend Dave (who played drums on the “Out from the Light” record—still available on iTunes, etc…) and I are going. Really looking forward to it!
- Working on Blue Tattoo mixes. I thought I was getting close, but then I ended up hating it. That always happens to me…I saw it coming… So now, I’m trying a really DRY mix, which is kind of the opposite of what I WAS doing. I’m sure it’ll flesh out a little…some reverb here….some compressing there…but maybe “dry” is the answer. Dunno…and a lot of you probably don’t know what I’m talking about anyway…
- I’m just a few days away from having insurance at work! Yay!!! Dentist, here I come!!! (Note to self…find a dentist…)
- Work’s been going well, I think. We’ve been kind of busy lately (which is good). Sometimes it’s a lot of fun. Sometimes it’s stressful trying to get everything done in time. All in all, it’s a good job. Don’t have much to complain about—which is kind of a rarity in my life, in case you haven’t noticed.
- Been watching a lot of “Columbo” lately. I’ll tell you this…there are a BUNCH of opportunities to make “Peter Falk has a glass eye” jokes that pop up in day-to-day life…but so few people know what you’re talking about.
- If I have anywhere to go for Halloween this year, I think I’m going to go as Rorschach (from the Watchmen comic/movie) WITHOUT his mask. See if anyone gets it. That…or Dr. Venture from the Venture Brothers…
- How sad is it that I mainly look forward to the weekend not for the party-potential, but because I know I’ll get a lot of sleep on Saturday? Guess that’s a sign of getting old, huh? Not that 29’s old, exactly…it’s just one of those ages that SOUNDS old to a high school student…but it is GETTING old. I’m creeping up on old…and my want for a nap and an ever-increasing desire to sit around without pants is the proof in the pudding.
- Great…now I want pudding…
- Yeah…I think that resonator from a few posts ago is going to be my next guitar… Not necessarily any time soon, but eventually.
…and that’s it for now. Got some other stuff to talk about, but I think it’s more like “full post” stuff…so we’ll tackle that later.
- Star Trek: TNG – In this one the guy that was Max Headroom in the 80s plays a time-traveller.