Okay. I’ve got a ridiculous amount of guitars. Along with that, I’ve got amps and effects to spare. There’s little else I “need” these days…but there are a few things I WANT. So here’s the short list of stuff I haven’t picked up yet, that I would like to add to my collection.
- A nylon string (“classical”) guitar. Somehow, I’ve never bought a nylon string one. I meant to this weekend, but I accidentally bought a Stratacoustic instead. Oops…
- A resonator. It’s a specific type of guitar. Kind of like playing a guitar that has a trash-can lid attached to it. Metallic sounding and twangy. There are tons of them out there…but this one intrigues me most, I think:
- An acoustic amp. Just a small one. Like a $100 model. Something to use as a reference monitor and maybe plug into something bigger. Nothing flashy…just a cheap amp.
- A Telecaster. I’ve played a Strat for years, and I love it…but nothing compares to the jangle of a Tele.
- Maybe a Les Paul…I’ve never owned one. Been wondering what all the fuss is about.
- A Pedal Steel. I don’t even know if I can play it…but come on. How cool would it be if I could? Just to get that beautiful whine and whimper that only a pedal steel can provide…only problem is that to get a decent one, it’s about a $3000 plunge. I’m just not there…yet.
- And speaking of $3000 plunges…I think that when I turn 30—next year—I’m going to buy a really nice guitar. I’ve got a couple in the $1000 range…but I think I’ll buy one—JUST ONE—in the $3000 range when I hit the big 3-0. Maybe the Reverend Horton Heat signature Gretsch…or maybe the Pete Townshend signature Gibson…or a Martin D28…or the David Gilmour signature Strat… I don’t know. But if I live to see 30, I think I deserve SOMETHING…after all, I always used to tell people that I planned on dying at the age of 25. So far, I’ve outlived myself. I deserve something cool every 5-or-so years! 🙂
…and then I’m DONE. Uhh…again! 🙂
- Still Leonard Cohen. The guy’s just a genius. I’m trying to find a volunteer to go see him with me in November. My friend Dave might be in, but it’s like $40 to see an act he only kind of knows…I’d feel a little bad forcing him to go to it, ha ha.