I don’t have much to say on any one subject…so here’s yet another potpourri-type post…
- I kind of like my new glasses, but it’s taking me a while to get used to them. Things look different—which I guess is the point—but I’m actually kind of wondering if the prescription is 100% right. It seems like the left eye is a little off. My dad had that experience a year or two ago and they made him get tested for diabetes (which he didn’t have). Turned out they just screwed up his glasses…but that story makes me much more reluctant to call and ask about it, because I doubt that they’d just own up to not quite getting the prescription right and would probably do more (expensive) tests…and the fact that my insurance doesn’t kick in until August makes me VERY reluctant to do that… But hopefully, it’s all just my eyes getting used to the new lenses. gonna give it about a week. (Plus, they hurt the sides of my head…but that always happens with new glasses…)
- The good people at Guinness are celebrating their 250th anniversary. They released a special 250th anniversary Stout to celebrate. Short version is that I recommend it. 🙂
- Blue Tattoo is going to be doing some recording next week (Tuesday). I’m kind of excited about that. I’ve got some work to do tomorrow afternoon to get ready for it, though…and that’s going to be EXHAUSTING after work… But it’ll be worth it.
- I bit into a toasted sandwich and the bread was so stiff I actually cut my gums on it. So that hurts a little…hoping that stops soon. It also burned the roof of my mouth a little. All things considered…disappointing sandwich.
- I’m going to be performing the wedding of my drummer/friend Johnny Ream in July (to Julie Doering, for the record). We had a meeting about it today, and he and Julie cooked me lunch. They made this amazing thing with chicken, cheese, noodles, spinach, and tomatoes. Took some home with me and ate it immediately upon walking through the door, even though I was still full from the initial lunch. In fact, I wish I were eating it right now. Well done, Johnny and Julie! Keep me in pasta, and I’ll knock $10 off the wedding. 🙂
- Thanks to anyone and everyone who’s been asking how the new job is going. It’s still going well, I think. I’m definitely still enjoying it. There are even aspects I enjoy more than what I did at SLCC! Of course, I still miss the SLCC crowd. But the new gig’s turning out really well, so far.
- I could use a new briefcase, if anyone’s feeling generous.
- Movies I Gotta Watch: Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Wrestler, Milk, and I want to re-watch The Producers, because “Springtime for Hitler” has been stuck in my head lately.
I think that’s it for now.