Hello Dad, Dave, Susan, Valerie, and/or any other well-wishers who might want to buy me a birthday present on May 29. I decided to post my birthday list on my blog in order to better accommodate you. Please find it below. I don’t expect to get EVERYTHING, but it’d be cool to walk off with a nice haul, since I’ll be unemployed as of 2 days thereafter. Thanks!
(Also, I had written a very nice post on Saturday, which disappeared somehow…considering re-writing it…but for now…GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!!) 🙂
- Futurama, Seasons 2-4
- The Simpsons Seasons 8-whatever they’re up to…
- Rush – In Rio
- Rush – Snakes and Arrows Live
- The Wrestler
- Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- …And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead – “Century of Self”
- Rush – Retrospective 3
- Tori Amos – Abnormally Attracted to Sin (comes out May 19, and I really want to hear it)
- U2 – No Line on the Horizon
- Wilco – Sky Blue Sky
- EDIT: The Hold Steady – A Positive Rage
- Sebastian Barry – “A Long Way”
- Andrew Sean Greer – “The Story of a Marriage”
- Randy Pausch – “The Last Lecture” (Sounds enthralling!)
- Money would be great, since I’ll need it if I don’t find a job soon.
- Gift cards to Kohl’s and/or Guitar Center, because I always need guitar strings and pants.
I reserve the right to edit, if I think of more stuff that might be easier to find and/or be cheaper. Please let me know if you WANT other suggestions, and feel free to go off-list, if you like. I’ve been very literally not buying ANYTHING except for occasional meals and supplies to print more CD covers, in order to save money for hard-times to come…
- Black Books — I really want THAT job. Just a miserable little book shop where I can just sit and be grumpy with my co-workers and hate everything while wearing the same dingy black suit every day. Sounds like bliss to me!