In a celebrity death that actually bummed me out, Dom DeLuise passed away after what the AP is describing as “a long illness.” DeLuise can be remembered for his many many hilarious film roles, and also as a highly regarded chef. I’ve never seen DeLuise in a part I didn’t like, and I’m including “Smokey and the Bandit II” in that.
In honor of pretty much everyone’s favorite part he ever played, I simply say this…
Rest in peace, Captain.
Hello Dad, Dave, Susan, Valerie, and/or any other well-wishers who might want to buy me a birthday present on May 29. I decided to post my birthday list on my blog in order to better accommodate you. Please find it below. I don’t expect to get EVERYTHING, but it’d be cool to walk off with a nice haul, since I’ll be unemployed as of 2 days thereafter. Thanks!
(Also, I had written a very nice post on Saturday, which disappeared somehow…considering re-writing it…but for now…GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!!) 🙂
- Futurama, Seasons 2-4
- The Simpsons Seasons 8-whatever they’re up to…
- Rush – In Rio
- Rush – Snakes and Arrows Live
- The Wrestler
- Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- …And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead – “Century of Self”
- Rush – Retrospective 3
- Tori Amos – Abnormally Attracted to Sin (comes out May 19, and I really want to hear it)
- U2 – No Line on the Horizon
- Wilco – Sky Blue Sky
- EDIT: The Hold Steady – A Positive Rage
- Sebastian Barry – “A Long Way”
- Andrew Sean Greer – “The Story of a Marriage”
- Randy Pausch – “The Last Lecture” (Sounds enthralling!)
- Money would be great, since I’ll need it if I don’t find a job soon.
- Gift cards to Kohl’s and/or Guitar Center, because I always need guitar strings and pants.
I reserve the right to edit, if I think of more stuff that might be easier to find and/or be cheaper. Please let me know if you WANT other suggestions, and feel free to go off-list, if you like. I’ve been very literally not buying ANYTHING except for occasional meals and supplies to print more CD covers, in order to save money for hard-times to come…
- Black Books — I really want THAT job. Just a miserable little book shop where I can just sit and be grumpy with my co-workers and hate everything while wearing the same dingy black suit every day. Sounds like bliss to me!