I’m taking a five-minute break at work to talk about how bad I feel on my blog.


My back’s been killing me since last week (St. Pat’s, to be exact).  In addition to that, I now have a sore throat and a headache.  The sore throat could be related to having done some power-sanding over the weekend and getting engulfed in the dust that was created as a result.  Or it could be that I’m getting a cold.  Or it could be that my allergies are going nuts with the rapidly changing weather…  The headache…well there are to many “or-s” to get into it.


This is not how I need to feel with my boss for next year on campus today and tomorrow (which got moved up from tomorrow and Wednesday).  As I said previously, he’s a nice guy, so I’m sure he’ll understand if I’m not at my most chipper, after some brief apologies…but I’d much rather be feeling at least 80% decent (which these days is about equal to being 100% for me).


So I’m stressed out, exhausted, and I feel like a truck hit me.  This is going to be a long week, I think.  I shouldn’t be that worried about it.  My job’s one of the few things I normally feel like I’ve got a handle on.  It’s just a transition-time, and that’s always wearing.  It’ll be good though, in the end…I just hope I start feeling a little better so I can be somewhat functional in the meetings I’m sure I’ll be having this week.  It’s not actually the work-stuff I’m sweating.  It’s the not-feeling-good stuff I’m sweating…that just happens to be going on WHILE I’ve got unusual work-stuff, too…


But I just need to keep my head above water, I guess.  It’ll work out…It’ll work out…It’ll work out…


Just six hours or so until I can go home and take a nap.  🙂


I hope I’m coming across clearly as saying I really do like my job…I just don’t feel good today and that’s making work difficult.  I’m not really even focusing very well…which is why I’m jumping from editing work-documents to typing a blog post to reading the headlines to checking out books to cleaning my office to getting back to the document I’m editing to thinking about lunch to trying to remember when I took that last Advil…etc.  Fortunately, no one seems to notice much of a difference, ha ha.


…annnnnd…that’s five minutes.  We’ll spell-check and it’ll be six.  Oops…


UPDATE: Feeling a little better.  Had one meeting with next-year’s boss and it went well.  I think I’m really going to like working with him.  And Sudafed’s awesome, by the way. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s