Those who are fans of my random posts that are just lists of things from in my brain rejoice! This is the type of post that has made you love me…or whatever…
- I’ve been making this sandwich lately. Slice of Rye bread – Pastrami – Second slice of bread – Corned Beef – Third slice of bread – Cut it in half and heat it in the microwave for 45 seconds…then put it in your face and thank GOD for the taste sensation. Also, get some kettle cooked chips as a side. Do it.
- I’ve been in and out of three books since Christmas. I’m hoping to finish one of them tomorrow.
- I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I wasn’t too happy with the sound the Feldman Group was getting with the new guy. Well, it’s gotten better. We’re still not knocking it out of the park, but it doesn’t feel as noticeable anymore. Way to go, new guy!
- I took a bunch of office mail to the post office today, but then realized that I had a bunch more I didn’t grab…so I’ve got to go back tomorrow. On the one hand, I hate it when I do stuff like that (it’s a little embarrassing), but on the other hand, it’s kind of nice to be able to get out in the air in the middle of a work-day. I don’t LOOK for reasons to do that or anything, but it’s kind of cool to get to go off-campus and still be absolutely justified in calling it work. Some people get to do that kind of thing all the time…but I’d imagine that’d get boring. Much more fun to do it occasionally…feels special somehow. (Does this sound a little pathetic? When did I go from dreams of rock-star glory to “it’s nice to go to the post office?”) 🙂
- I like my brown cowboy boots so much that I’m thinking of buying the same make in black.
- I still haven’t sent out the new record for replication, but it’s forthcoming. I’ve had a couple of unexpected expenses this month, so I’ll be sending it out on like the 16th-ish, after I have my next paycheck in the bank (we get paid on the 15th, unless it’s a Saturday or Sunday, then it’s the preceding Friday…which actually happens this month, now that I think of it…so maybe the record gets sent out on the 14th! 🙂
- I’ve had a couple of sores on the inside of my mouth that have been keeping me awake. That’s kind of good, since that tends to indicate that I’m getting over being sick (took me FOREVER to kick that cold I got right before the gig on the 17th)…but man, it hurts. It’s making my teeth hurt. Some people get cold-sores…I get these…and they drive me nuts.
- Still haven’t bought the new Springsteen record…gotta get that.
- I spent a large part of my work day counting change (we hand in our photocopier money monthly). My hands haven’t felt clean ever since. What’s the deal with that? Why does money feel so filthy? Maybe there’s something symbolic about that…root of all evil and whatnot…
- I spoke to the friend I mentioned in an earlier post who was asking me to do some music for a student film. Still not confirmed for it. He just called with an approximate timeline, should I agree. I’m leaning toward “yes,” but I’m honestly not sure how much time I’ll have to DO it, if the proposed timeline is set in stone. Torn…
- I need to do some laundry…I think I’m out of pants.
- Say, do any of you guys know how to Madison? (That was mainly for Dave.)
- I’ve almost got chapter two of “Restless” tidy enough to upload. Should be this week or the early part of next.
- I’m putting in some work on both my own and Blue Tattoo’s websites. Hopefully I’ll have much to show for my work soon.
- Holy crap! It’s like 3 a.m. I should really try to sleep again…assuming my mouth will let me (re: sores).
Hope that was…fun? …enlightening? …a post just for the sake of posting, as per usual? Yeah. That one. Let’s use the last one. 🙂
- Been listening to Springsteen all day to get me motivated to buy the new record. Apparently it didn’t quite work.