I stole the following survey from my friend Daniel on Facebook, and apparently, he stole it from someone called Julie. It’s a long one, but kind of fun. Enjoy!
- Available: Yes, but I’m pretty busy with work and I’m not looking for anything serious.
- Age: 28
- Annoyance: The sound of people chewing.
- Animal: 1-2-3-4-5 against 1. 5-5 5 against one…
- Beer: Guinness or the like. If you can see through it, I’m not interested.
- Birthday: May 29, 1980.
- Best Friend[s]: Nikomas, Dave K, and the guys in my band.
- Best feeling in the world: I don’t remember her name right now.
- Blind or Deaf: I’m already half deaf (my left ear), so can I just go half blind as well and call it even?
- Best weather: Winter.
- Been in Love: Yes.
- Been on stage?: Lots.
- Believe in Magic: Johnson? Sure, I guess.
- Believe in Santa: Ana? Sure. They have his leg in Texas.
- Candy: I’m mostly a Twix and Snickers guy…but anything with chocolate.
- Color: I mainly dress in earth-tones, so probably brown or black or something like that.
- Chocolate/Vanilla: Chocolate
- Chinese/Mexican: Mexican, I guess. I think I have a better chance of learning Spanish than Chinese.
- Cake or pie: Depends on my mood. I like both.
- Continent to visit: I gots to get to British Europe one of these days. I’d also like to see Germany.
- Cheese: Sure.
- Day or Night: Night, but not always by choice.
- Dance in the rain: Sometimes. More likely to sleep in it.
- Eyes: Hazel, leaning toward green. Also bloodshot.
- Everyone has: The innate spark of the divine and inner beauty. (My first instinct, though, was “to poop.”)
- Ever failed a class?: Yes, indeed.
- Full name: Derek Lee Brink
- First thoughts waking up: The f-word, followed by considering calling in sick.
- Food: I’m a food addict. I’m virtually always eating.
- Greatest Fear: Loneliness–not being alone…loneliness.
- Goals: None.
- Gum: None.
- Get along with your parents?: Yes, but my mom’s dead, so that’s not too hard.
- Good luck charm: I carry a small cross in my left pocket and I have crosses drawn on my boot-heels to chase the devil away. Seriously.
- Hair Color: Red, but leaning toward strawberry blonde, I’m told.
- Height: 5’9″/5’10”. I seem to get both, depending on who’s measuring. So it’s probably like 5’9.5″ or something.
- Happy: Sometimes. Not often enough.
- Holiday: Thanksgiving.
- How do you want to die: In a way so impressive that people aren’t even sad.
- Ice Cream: There’s something they have at Maggie-Moo’s. Better Butter, or something like that.
- Instrument: Guitar, bass, hammered dulcimer, banjo, mandolin, a little piano, a little drums, tin whistle, harmonica, didgeridoo, lap-steel, jews-harp, ocarina…I try to passably learn one a year.
- Jewelry: I occasionally wear a “trinity” ring, and I’ll wear a cross now and again…but otherwise, not much.
- Job(s): Librarian. Musician.
- Kids: I love kids. They taste like chicken.
- Kickboxing or karate: While you’re getting into your “stance” I’m smashing a brick into your face. Wuss.
- Keep a journal?: Used to. Now I blog.
- Longest Car Ride: Not sure. I’ve done a lot of driving. Probably the most impressive was the one from STL to Minneapolis with no stops.
- Love: I hear it’s all you need.
- Letter: Q. It’s the funniest letter.
- Laughed so hard you cried: Recently, recounting a weird dream I had.
- Milk flavor: White.
- Movies: I love movies, but I hate movie theatres.
- Motion sickness?: Not usually, but it depends on who’s driving.
- McD’s or BK: I’m assuming you mean McDonald’s or Burger King…but I’m mostly a Wendy’s guy.
- Number of Siblings: One.
- Number of Piercings: Above the belt? None.
- Number: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, or 42.
- One wish: To always have at least $750.
- Perfect Pizza: I’m not really that picky…but Dominoes sucks.
- Pepsi/Coke: Coke…but prefer Dr. Pepper, if you’ve got it.
- Quote: Well that seems kind of silly, but okay…here you go: “
- Reason to cry: Pain or allergies.
- Reality T.V.: SUCKS.
- Radio Station: I don’t listen to the radio.
- Roll your tongue in a circle? Yeah. And I’m single, ladies! (What?)
- Ring size: Depends on the finger.
- Song: Don’t Fear the Reaper by BOC, and not because of that Will Ferrel sketch.
- Shoe size: 8-8.5, depending on the shoe.
- Salad Dressing: Ranch. I’ll put Ranch on anything.
- – Sushi: Not usually, but I like mussels.
- – Skipped school: Frequently.
- – Slept outside: Not of my own will.
- – Smoked?: I wish I was smoking right now.
- – Skinny dipped?: Yes. And it was awesome.
- – Sing well?: I like to think so, but it’s all relative.
- – In the shower?: No…on the couch. My laptop’s not waterproof.
- – Swear?: As much as I can without getting fired.
- – Strawberries/Blueberries: Strawberries…though my aunt Clara makes a good blueberry pie.
- Time for bed: I’m an insomniac, and I take offense to this question.
- Thunderstorms: fine as long as the lights stay on.
- Unpredictable: Gas.
- Vacation spot: I don’t take vacations.
- Weakness: Getting kicked in the nuts.
- Which one of your friends acts the most like you: I hope none of them…God forbid there be another one of me.
- Who makes you laugh the most: Probably my brother.
- Worst feeling: I don’t remember her name right now…
- Wanted to be a model? Only if I could be Rick The Model Martel.
- Where do we go when we die?: What comes from dust returns to dust.
- Worst Weather?: Summer.
- X-Rays: All of the Rays I know are still called Ray. Sorry.
- Ex’s: Numerous and irritating…and that’s an “e,” dingus.
- Year it is now: 2008
- Yellow: Terrible Coldplay song.
- Zoo animal: Penguins.
LAST PERSON WHO…
- Slept in a bed beside you? Hmm…”slept?” I don’t recall.
- You went to the mall with? My dad, last time, I guess.
- You went to dinner with? My brother last week.
- You talked to on the phone? Somebody who called the Library and didn’t know what they were talking about.
- Made you laugh? Jason Lee on “My Name is Earl” (Happens to be on right now.)
- Hugged you? I don’t remember. I hug a lot of people.
- Said they loved you? My Grandma.
- Held your hand? Also My Grandma. It was weird.
- Spoke with? Candice, I think.
- The Pulitzer-Prize winning Comic Book “Maus” by Art Spiegelman