No real theme for today…here’s one of my par-for-the-course potpourri posts…
- One of the things I was looking forward to most about the election ending was that I knew if Obama won, Palin would go away…yet she’s been on TV almost as much this past week as she was in the entirety pre-election crap. At this point, even some of her biggest supporters (and those closest to the campaign) are calling her an idiot. Since we all agree on that now, can’t we also agree to just let her fade away into the incredibly-long Alaskan night? I mean, I don’t want to be a sore winner or anything…but I just don’t get why she’s still going on talk-shows at this point. Doesn’t she have an office she’s supposed to be running somewhere? How about if she — y’know — does THAT instead of bugging me during prime time?
- My cold got worse this morning. My joints ache…and I have band practice tonight. This is going to suck.
- My job’s been kind of hectic for a couple of weeks. I’m finding time here and there to avoid working, but I’ve been taking some stuff home with me, I’m so far behind. That’s something I’ve always tried to avoid. I don’t like taking work home with me…but at the same time, I think I’d really like working from home, if I had that option.
- One more political thing…I was so excited about Obama coming in that I almost forgot the best news of all. BUSH IS GOING OUT!!! Honestly, even if McCain had won, at least I could still have been happy about Bush leaving. I respect John McCain for all he’s done for this country. Bush, on the other hand…well, let’s just say I don’t think I should have to treat him any better than he’s treated the middle class for the past eight years. Just 69 days and counting, folks!
- Been taking a break from the Feldman schedule. (Not just me, the band as a whole.) It’s nice to have some time off. We’ve got a gig or two next month, but for now I’m just happy to have some Saturdays free. It’s been so nice to be able to put up my feet and REST on my day off that I don’t even miss the extra money.
- It’s Veteran’s Day. You’re welcome. I didn’t remember either. Much as I like the Vets I know; if it’s not a day off, it’s not a holiday. Sorry the country doesn’t care enough about you folks to let you sleep in.
- So the St. Louis Rams look so bad on the field that even I’M talking about it. Seems like firing the previous coach wasn’t the magic cure-all everyone thought it would be, huh? New kid getting fired, too? Is it just time to admit that we suck and until the players get better at their job, cosmetic staff changes will accomplish nothing?
- I mentioned (Olympic goal-medalist) Shawn Johnson in passing yesterday and someone I know immediately started telling me that there is apparently a revealing picture of her on the Internet (something to do with her singlet bunching up in a promo shot for the Olympics — I haven’t Googled it, personally). My response to that, “Dude…she’s sixteen!” His reply, “…legal in Ohio.” I couldn’t think of a way to answer that.
- Update on my great fight against my waistline… I started out at 200 a couple of weeks ago. Got down to 195 — which isn’t much, but is progress — then ate like crap for three days and now I’m leveling off at about 197. Still not great, but at least it’s something. I just need to develop a little more discipline.
- In complete defiance of #9… Anyone know where I can get a good Red Hot in the St. Louis area (preferably in the Florissant/Hazelwood area, but I’ll go as far as O’Fallon, if need be)?
- My shoulder’s been killing me all day. I’ve got to stop sitting in the weird way I tend to sit on the couch.
- 95% of the time, “affect” is a verb and “effect” is a noun.
- I still haven’t slept well.
- My Christmas List is currently insanely long…but I plan to have it shortened up and reasonable before Thanksgiving.
That’s all for now.