There are some movies that are my favorite movies. There are some movies that I like. There are some really terrible movies. However, there is also a category of movies that I will ALWAYS watch if they are on, no matter what else I could be watching or doing–some are great, some are awful. They may not be the same as my “favorites.” In fact, I’m not sure any one intersects with both lists…but the following are the ones I will ALWAYS watch, even if it comes down to watching them or watching one of my favorites. Confused? You won’t be after this episode of “blog.” (That was a reference to the 70’s/80’s show “SOAP.” You young punk.)
I will always watch (in no particular order):
- Any or all of the “Lord of the Rings” saga.
- Most of the Star Trek Next Generation movies, except for “Insurrection.”
- The ORIGINAL “12 Angry Men”
- “That Thing You Do”
- Disney’s “Robin Hood” – By FAR the best Disney movie.
- The ORIGINAL “Planet of the Apes”
- “Three Amigos”
- Almost any comic book movie, except for the most recent round of “Spiderman” flicks, which have sucked hard.
- “Spinal Tap”
- Any of the following Mel Brooks Movies: “Young Frankenstein,” “Blazing Saddles,” “Spaceballs,” “Dracula: Dead and Loving It,” “Robin Hood: Men in Tights,” and/or “The Producers.” (I should say that while “To Be or Not to Be” is one of my favorite movies, I have to be in a very specific mindset to watch it, so it’s not on this list.)
- “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade” (or whatever the proper title is)
- I’m going to say that “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” is on here, but to be honest, whereas I loved it and I probably have it completely memorized, I have no real need or desire to watch it again…but it seemed wrong to not list it.
So pretty much, if one of those is on…my afternoon’s shot. 🙂
(Among my “favorites,” by the way are: “Hi Fidelity,” “Being There,” “The Wicker Man (70s version),” “To Be or Not to Be,” “American Splendor,” “Hard Core Logo,” “The Great Race,” “Jersey Girl,” “Little Miss Sunshine,” and either of the most recent “Batman” flicks.)
- Hopefully the final mix of my record–but it seems like I’ve said that about 12 times so far.