I took the time to learn the name of McCain’s running mate. It’s Sarah Palin. I also looked into her back-story a little bit…and here are some of the facts that maybe the McLame Campaign should’ve taken into consideration…my thoughts are bulleted.
Palin only has two-years of leadership experience.
- The Republicans are trying to say that in her two years she’s had more leadership experience than either Obama or Biden. Why? Because by state law, she commands the Alaskan National Guard. Which is kind of like saying that Ron Howard should get a Grammy because his movies have songs in them. Not to talk crap about Alaska…but can you think of the last time you said, “Man, I’m really happy the Alaskan National Guard was there! They really saved the day!”? Me neither.
Palin’s youngest child has Down syndrome.
- Sounds like she’ll have plenty of time to devote to the nation’s second highest office. I bet she won’t have to neglect her baby’s needs or health even ONCE while she’s in office, if she gets elected. What with the Republican Party’s emphasis on family values, there’s no way they’d ever let a mom whose kid has Down syndrome risk the well-being of her family right? (There was a pinch of sarcasm there…)
More than a month before the baby (who was born with Down syndrome) was due, Palin was about to deliver the keynote address at a conference in Texas. She began leaking amniotic fluid. She delivered the speech, then flew back to Alaska. Then seven hours later, she gave birth to the baby. Palin returned to work three days later.
- I…I don’t even know where to start with how absurd, irresponsible, and insane that all of that stuff is… She might actually be dumber than Bush.
She is a member of the Assembly of God church.
- Since the Republicans consider white-bread Bible thumpers to be their base, they should really do the research to find out that among Christians the Assembly of God isn’t too highly favored. There are many within the Christian fellowship–even among us non-denoms–who think of the AoG churches as being a cult. (I’m not saying I think that, by the way…it’s just a common viewpoint.) So, I’m thinking they should have found themselves a Baptist or Methodist if they wanted to gain any God-points with the voters.
She is a former beauty queen.
- As I’ve said before…I’m just WAITING for those pictures to surface…so far this is all we’ve got–but it’s certainly enough to make you wonder where her dress starts…Can’t wait until this one blows up.
As has been all over the news today, her 17-year-old daughter is five months pregnant and is not married.
- Okay. People make mistakes. Anyone lampooning her for being pregnant and unmarried at the age of 17 needs to take a look in the mirror… If you’re one of those people and you personally EVER had sex outside of marriage, but particularly in your teen years, you’re a hypocrite. Nonetheless…the Republicans being the “family values” party would’ve had a field day if this had been Chelsea Clinton or one of B-Rock’s kids. (I mean, just look at how quickly they vilified John Edwards.) I’m not judging the girl…but the party’s pretty full of crap right about now…and how did they not see this ship sinking?
So…there are a few facts. I’m actually enjoying this a little. If this were a TV show, I’d watch it…a campaign slowly collapsing like a flan in a cupboard. The only thing that worries me is that people like the roller-coaster so much that they might be thinking about voting for it.
My prediction: By this time next week, we’ll find out that she was once addicted to meth but is now addicted to Skittles–and she’ll say the latter is the worse addiction. And the Republicans will be saying, “You’ve got to admire her courage…boopitydoopitydoo…”
God Bless America!